|CSIS 571A||CSIS 571B||CSIS 570||CSIS 572|
|Advisory||This course is intended for students with a verified disability who show a need for the use of assistive computer programs and/or equipment or demonstrated academic deficit.|
|Description||This course is designed to provide an in-depth computer access evaluation in order to determine an appropriate access environment for a student with a disability or multiple disabilities. This is a pass/no pass course.|
1. The student will be able to explain his/her
individual academic/cognitive strengths and weaknesses.
1. You must schedule your individual appointments with the High Tech Center Specialist or Instructor. ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY - Log-in and log-out on the attendance computer whenever you enter and exit the lab. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, you must notify the program staff as soon as possible. You may be dropped from the course if you miss more than one appointment without giving prior notification.
2. You must complete the one-to-one evaluation with the HTC instructor to determine your computer access needs. You will be informed when the evaluation is complete. A complete evaluation usually takes six one hour appointments and you must complete an additional three hours in the HTC lab utilizing the appropriate access technologies deemed necessary to receive the credit.
3. On the basis of the evaluation, the instructor will prepare a list of appropriate assistive technologies and discuss the results with the student during the exit interview. Your attendance at this interview is required.
4. A Student Educational Contract will be developed for students who will be taking other High Tech Center courses and discussed at the exit interview.
5. If no appropriate access technologies are available through the HTC, then the student is referred to other resources.
Address of this page is http://hhh.gavilan.edu/jmaringer/htcinfo.html