|My SkillsTutor Link||Student Email Instructions|
|Title||Guidance 700: Online Basic Academic Skills|
|Instructor||Jane Maringer-Cantu (email@example.com)|
|Course Time / Day||Online|
This course is designed for entry-level students who want to improve their basic academic skills through the use of appropriate online software. The online program is a comprehensive resource for diagnosing and remediating students' basic skills. Modules include: Reading (Comprehension and Vocabulary), Language Arts, Math, Science, and Writing. Course content is based on individual student need.
|Expected Learning Outcomes||
At the conclusion of this course:
|Course Grading Procedure:||
The course content is individualized. Students work on their own goals (learning objectives) that are specified at the beginning of the course.
|Online Requirements:|| 1. All students must submit at least two goals at the beginning of the semester.
2. Progress will be checked and students must be logged into the SkillsTutor program and working on their learning objectives. Your progress will be monitored monthly. Students are required to log on weekly to check for assignments. Students can keep record of their detailed activities by checking their SkillsTutor report.
3. Students must complete one online lab progress report for each month in which they are enrolled during the semester. These reports must be submitted to the instructor each month. The reports will summarize online activities completed and progress in academic modules.
- Students requiring special services or arrangements because of hearing, visual, or other disability should contact their instructor, counselor, advisor or the Disability Resource Center.
- All course materials will be made available in alternate media formats for students with verified print disabilities upon request.
- Occupational/Vocational Students-Limited English language skills will not be a barrier to admittance to and participation in vocational education programs.
- Gavilan College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disabled or veteran status in the provision of educational programs and services or the employment process, pursuant to federal and state statutes and regulations pertaining to unlawful discrimination.
- Students are expected to exercise academic honesty and integrity. Violations such as cheating and plagiarism will result in disciplinary action, which may include recommendation for dismissal.
- Please help keep Gavilan College a litter free campus and preserve its park like setting.
Address of this page is http://hhh.gavilan.edu/jmaringer/guid700.html