1. Contrast is the key to readability.
2. Solid primary colors are better than pastels.
3. How much text? Rule of thumb - 7 lines of text & 7 words to a line.
4. Keep it simple - one main idea. Use several slides to communicate a lengthy idea.
5. How large text? 18 point to 28 point --sometimes 36 points.
6. Add value to content-slides should be created for the presentation; not adapted from lecture notes.
7. Limit the amount of time on the screen to 20-30 seconds per slide.
Back to PowerPoint 2010 Quick Tips Index
This page was last modified
March 30, 2014
Address of this page is: http://hhh.gavilan.edu/jmaringer/PowerPoint2010/QuickTips2010/ppttip.html